It's that time of year, pea family! The holidays are upon us. Whether you're gearing up to meet Aunt Suzie and Uncle Richard and play Pea-n the Tail on the Turkey with their little Lorenzo, or whether you're preparing your own feast at home with friends, it's always a good idea to incorporate vegan options into your spread -- for you or for your guests!
Think ahead so that you can focus on family fun and not on defending your veganism when the day comes :) Veggies and carnivores will love these ideas too, and they're healthier choices... so everyone can enjoy more!
1. NUT LOAF is a great gluten free and soy free option to tempura, tofu, or a meatloaf. And with onions and spices included, it can even substitute for real turkey stuffing. Fool your carnivorous guests. It's hearty and wholesome and you can get creative with your favorite nut combinations! We love this recipe from Jamie Oliver. Add green lentils for extra protein!
2. VEGAN EGG NOG. It's not Peasmastime yet but that doesn't mean you can't get cozy over Thanksgiving weekend :) Even if you're not a vegan, vegan egg nog tastes better. No more feeling woozy at the thought of drinking a raw egg or three! Try this vegan substitute.
3. PEANUT SAUCE is a great alternative to meat or even vegetable gravy. This is an idea from the Singaporean team! Who needs gravy to emulate a meat flavor? Feature a new taste! Peanut sauce is high in protein and goes with most of the Thanksgiving staples, even cranberry sauce. (PB&J anyone?)
4. SAVORY ROASTED VEGETABLES: PUMPKIN, POTATOES, AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS make a great combination with some simple olive oil, salt and pepper. Why limit Pumpkin to dessert and lattes? Chop each vegetable into small bites, lightly top with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme, then roast in the oven at 350 until lightly browned or blackened. No recipe needed!
5. CRANBERRY GREEN PEA COOKIES. Penelopea the Cranberry Green Pea Cookie loves pumpkin pie just as much as that little Lorenzo of yours! She's a sweet cookie to have around, whether it's during the day with your vegan egg nog and mimosas as you prepare the Thanksgiving feast, after dinner, or as a gift for those family members you're trying to make peas with!
Lots of love and good luck with your vegan Thanksgiving preparations :) ** peaparations!
-The Green Pea Cookie Team.
By: Amber Fallon
Add a little happeaness to your morning!
Cookies are amazing at all times of the day, but did you know that your favorite cookie can be a great addition to breakfast?
What's so funny?!?! Who cares! Choose happiness! Smiling for no reason can make you happier. So can cookies.
Celebrate the luck of the Irish on St.Paddy’s Day with all things green! Here are 8 green recipes which you can make for the party or a meal with your family that does not compromise the health factor for taste!