Fiona, Cookie Chief and cofounder of Green Pea Cookie, has a birthday on February Last. Really, that means the leap year, but this year we celebrated on February 28. Since she is a grandmaster baker and the one who develops the recipes for the best cookies in the world (green pea cookies), we thought it would be fun to bake something for her for a change!
Taylor the Cookie Mister and I, Rissy the Cookie Miss, created a Green Pea Cookie Cheesecake! We thought we'd share it with you here because it is the best cheesecake recipe in the world and a decadent and unusual birthday cake idea.
The version we made is not vegan, but it is possible to make the best vegan cheesecake by substituting all dairy products for vegan alternatives, as shown below. All our green pea cookies are vegan.
2. Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan as shown above. (We used a glass brownie pan bc it's all I had! Worked great, might need to bake a little longer.)
3. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly onto crust, set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese or vegan substitute and sugar until smooth. If you are using a vegan substitute, make sure to smooth out any clumps at this stage. If you don't have a mixer, make sure you have a big armed baker :)
5. Add eggs or Bob's Red Mill egg substitutes; beat on low until just combined.
6. Add sour cream or cashew sour cream and vanilla, beat just until blended.
7. Pour over crust.
7. In another mixing bowl, break 20-30 green pea cookies into pieces without crushing them entirely.
8. Drop cookies over filling, gently pushing them below the surface so that they are completely covered.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set.
10. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge so that it can release; cool for another hour.
11. Refrigerate overnight
12. Enjoy!!! Sprinkle with chocolate chips or more green pea cookies!
By: Amber Fallon
Add a little happeaness to your morning!
Cookies are amazing at all times of the day, but did you know that your favorite cookie can be a great addition to breakfast?
What's so funny?!?! Who cares! Choose happiness! Smiling for no reason can make you happier. So can cookies.
Celebrate the luck of the Irish on St.Paddy’s Day with all things green! Here are 8 green recipes which you can make for the party or a meal with your family that does not compromise the health factor for taste!